Like piercing on lips, eyebrows and other parts of the body, nose piercing is no exception. It comes as another fashion statement by the young people. Of course, there are cultures that traditionally have pierced nostrils by the women. There are different types of piercing which include the simple nose piercing and the septum piercing, although there are variations of piercing and decorating that part. For beginners wanting to take that first pierce, there are a few things that should be kept in mind.
1. Piercing the nostril end comes with less pain and is pretty simple. For the nasal septum the tool is pierced through the cartilage found between the nostrils, separating them into two distinct passage. Here, a small area of skin between the septum and cartilage is pierced through. There is also the bridge piercing which pierces a small flap of skin between the eyes and the top of the nose.
2. You need to be absolutely sure, about the placement of the piercer tool on any part of the nose. Once you have decided upon the location, the piercer will mark that area with a small dot. It is here that the tool will penetrate through.
3. Always choose a licensed piercer to do the job for you. The practitioner must know how to take appropriate measures and use proper sterilized piercing tools and clean jewelry.
4. When it comes to the cost of piercing, you need to look at the reputation and condition of the shop rather than the price. Of course, the price rate may differ from individual piercers but always play it safe. Paying less with poor tools and unhygienic conditions will only create problems later.
5. Once you have done the piercing, you will need to take proper care, inside and outside your nose to keep infection at bay. Blowing your nose may be difficult especially if you catch a cold or allergies. Use jewelry that will not aggravate and hurt you, particularly if it is the septum nasal area.
6. Be extremely cautious during rough activity as there is a possibility that the piercing may accidentally be caught up with clothing, or might even be pulled out. There is also a possibility that you might inhale or swallow the piercing.
7. Experts recommend wearing of fishtail or nostril screw, once the piercing is completely healed. The nostril gems come mostly in 18 gauge size so you will need only that piercing size. Have your practitioner pierced you accordingly to this measure.
8. Piercing nostrils is a decision that can not be treated lightly as it will be a permanent mark. Always ask around for suggestions and do a proper study before taking that pierce.
9. Finally, remember that if you are seeking a job, many establishments do not allow any body art or jewelry. You might be instantly rejected or told to remove the obvious evidence. You do not want to be constantly covering up with a band-aid and clear plug between work and breaks.