Nose piercing has been in fashion since a very long time and it is still in vogue. From Hollywood celebs to ordinary teens, all love to have their nose pierced. Although, nose piercing is cool and trendy, it requires frequent cleaning and care because piercing the nose involves denser flesh and moreover, nose carries more bacteria than any other body parts. Therefore, if you recently have your nose pierced, make sure you regularly clean your nose to keep the infection away. If you donât know how to do it, this step-by-step guide might come in handy. Read on and go for cleaning nose piercing.
Complexity Level: Moderate
Time Required: 5-10minutes
- An antibacterial soap
- New cotton buds or tissue paper
- Hot water
- Lavender oil
- Saline Salt solution
- A plastic mug or jar
1. Cleaning the nose: Clean the piercing every day and if necessary twice a day to remove any chances of infection. Before beginning the cleaning process, make sure to wash your hands with an antibacterial soap or a sea salt solution. Soak the cotton balls in the salt water solution and gently rub the balls around the nose to peel off any crusting that forms around the nose jewelry.
2. Applying lavender oil: Now, softly squeeze the wet area using a tissue or toilet paper after cleaning the nose with water. Apply a little amount of lavender oil to the pierced area to keep off nose from getting infected and also to heal the prior developed infection.
3. After cleaning: When done with your cleaning, wash your hands properly for one more time to prevent the germs from getting spread. Donât forget to dispose the used cotton balls in the trash can. This way, you can avoid any infection in your nose piercing.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What precautions should I take if I have developed the infection around my nose piercing?
Donât fret because developing infection around your nose piercing is quite common. However, there are few precautions you must take when experiencing infection such as:
- Never take off your jewellery from an infected nose piercing as it will drain the discharge from your nose and the infection might turn worse.
- Make sure that you change your pillow cover every time you sleep so that you get a clean surface to sleep on and germs don’t spread from one place to another.
- Remember if infection looks unusual than before, seek your physician or piercing professional immediately.
- Saline solution helps in cleaning across the nose piercing most effectively.
- Before cleaning your nose piercing, take a nice hot shower as it will loosen up the crust around it.
- To reduce any tenderness, use lavender oil. However, remove additional oil with a tissue paper to avoid skin irritation.
Things To Watch Out For:
- Never rub the piercing with a towel as it might carry bacteria and could be sturdy enough to make scratches around the nose.
- Ensure that whatever chemicals you are using it is not made from alcohol, tea tree oil or betadine as they might damage the delicate tissues around your nose.
- Donât use overused cotton bud when cleaning inside the nostrils. They might introduce germs to other section of your face.
- Donât take out the piercing before it is healed because that will make reinserting the jewelry inside the piercing difficult. Sometimes, it even leads the hole to close.