Tattooing and body piercing come among those arts which were introduced long time back in our civilizations, but these arts became common in recent years again. With its popularity among adults, tattooing and body piercing also became famous among teenagers. And now with the increasing popularity of these arts among teenagers, it has become a subject of debate among parents and their children.
Different countries exercise different laws in tattooing and body piercing among teenagers. Let us take a look:
1. In some countries, there is total ban on tattooing and body piercing among children. Some countries do follow some rules regarding tattooing and body piercing, by which they allow only certain age of children to do tattooing and body piercing and that too under parental guidance.
2. In Alabama, if a child wants to do any of these arts, he/she has to take the parent’s permission in written form, in order to get tattooing and body piercing done.
3. In Arkanas, a teenager not only has to bring the permission of his legal guardian in written, but also has to come with his parent or legal guardian to get any of these arts done.
4. In California, it is illegal to do tattooing and body piercing among children apart from ear piercing. A child has to bring with him either his parent or take their permission.
5. Connecticut, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky do follow the same rules.
6. In Colorado and Delaware a minor has to show his parent’s permission in written form to get these jobs done.
7. Florida follow the same rule which is exercised in California.
8. The rules which Georgia follows, is different from those above mentioned states. In this place a minor has to do any of these arts under licensed osteopath with the written permission of his parent.
9. New Jersey, New York, Kansas, Maryland, New Hampshire and Nevada do not follow any rules in this matter.