The Indian Subcontinent Student Association artists at Baylor University are inking the University with Mehndi, the traditional Indian art of temporary tattoos. Though the effort aims at collecting funds for the forthcoming culture show, it also reflects the growing popularity of the temporary exotic art.
In my post couple of days back, ‘Is Your Tattoo Just Another Lose Brick in the Wall’, I discussed the scenario with respect to the growing number of tattoo removal cases. Keeping that in mind, I would like to emphasize the importance of henna as an alternative.
Benefits of Henna tattoos:
1. It’s cheap and not harmful
2. Takes less time to be etched as compared to permanent tattoos
3. The impermanency of the art opens a plethora of opportunities if one wants to change the design
4. It can be applied anywhere
5. Looks great
6. You can etch one on yourself, you don’t need an artist to do it for you if you can easily copy a particular pattern on your skin